Excursion to the Hot Springs
Duration : 5 - 6 Hours.
Language : English / Czech.
Category : Hiking
Time at location : 2 - 3 hours (Approx)
Time of depature : 10 am
Valhalla Yurts offers a return transfer from our location in the golden circle to the start of the hiking route towards the hot springs. The hike will take approximately 1 - 1.5 hours each way with a distance of 3.5km each way. The trail has been marked so you can easily find it without a hiking guide.
At the base of the trail there are toilets and a small cafe (only open during summer season) There is also a composting toilet at the hot springs site.
Don´t miss out on this lifetime experience to witness and swim in the hot springs of a dormant volcano.
Be aware that the weather in Iceland can change very quickly.
Wear hiking shoes, warm and waterproof clothing, it could be cold and wet on the day.
Assume that the journey may take longer than planned.
Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water to drink. (The driver can stop at a food establishment in order for you to purchase such items. There is a cafe on site but is only open in the summer.)
Keep an eye on your travel companions. Fatigue and hypothermia come quickly.
Do not leave the designated hiking route. Its very easy to become lost and disorientated.
Please take your trash with you.
What's included :
Learn more about what we offer
1. Transport. (35 minuets each way).
2. Non guided hike.
3. Hike duration is about 1-1.5 hours each way. (Hikers are responsible for reaching the departure point at the time given to meet return transport).
4. Time at location : 2-3 hours.
5. Hike difficulty (Easy -Moderate).
6. Hill Elevation : 175 m (Slow elevation)
7. Distance : 3.5km
9. Refreshments will be provided on your collection. (coffee & water)
Guests need to bring their own face mask and are required to use it while inside the vehicle.
Guests are responsible for following social distancing rules during the hike.
* If you purchase the two night stay, the driver will take you to an establishment upon collection where you will be able to purchase yourself food, ect
There is no meals other than stated, and Valhalla Yurts has no cooking facilities on site.
Our nightly excursion rates
Below are our rates in Euro.
Price is per Yurt per excursion, based on 2 people sharing, max 3*
*Extra Person fee applies, €53 per night + excursion.
Sorry no pets or children under 12 years.
You can choose to do the excursion and then stay the night or stay the night and then do the excursion the next day.
Time of departure for both options is 10am.